Free Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
Get Notified Of New Free Patterns
*Don't worry! No spamming here.
color block carrier
1. Lay the piece flat. It doesn't matter which side is facing up.
2. Fold each side over, measuring about 5 inches on each side. Measurement doesn't have to be exact, just make sure sides look equal.
3. Pin down the corners and the middle section.
4. Using an H/5 hook and the same colored yarn, make a slipknot. Place your crochet hook through both layers of the corner stitch, attach your slipknot and connect with a slip stitch.
If doing the color block carrier - attach and slip stitch with Color B or cream yarn.
5. Continue to slip stitch down one whole side. (Line up the sides the best you can and slip stitch through 2 loops on each piece (4 loops total).
6. Fasten off and leave a tail.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 on the other side.
8. Weave in all ends and turn the piece inside out.
9. Position the strap with slip stitches facing out.
10. Flip the edge so you can attach the strap to the carrier. Leave 5 inches between the straps and 1.5 inches for attaching.
11. Using the long tail and a yarn/darning needle, grab a piece of yarn on the inside of the carrier and then insert the yarn needle through two loops of the straps.
12. Continue to attach the strap across the top by picking up a loop of the strap and a loop on the inside of the carrier. Attach down the other side. Make a knot and weave in the ends.
13. Repeat steps 10-11 to attach the other end of the strap.
14. Repeat steps 9-12 to attach the strap to the opposite side of the carrier. Weave in all ends.
The carrier holds a 10" Diameter Plate. Pictured is a Chinet 10 3/8" Diameter Heavy Weight Paper Dinner Plate.
The carrier also holds an 8" Round Cake Pan. Pictured is Reynolds Disposable Bakeware 8" Round Cake Pan With Lid.
I suggest covering food items. Wash and dry as per yarn instructions.
If you like Casserole Carrier, make sure to check out my
Bunny Ear Teether Free Crochet Pattern
color block carrier